Meet Ciarán, the Head of Projects and Communications.
His role includes:
• Responsibility for all internal and external communications and dissemination of all projects to stakeholders and the public.
• Leading on social media, search engine optimization, advertising, and dealings with the press.
• Running the AKU Society website and monitors the activity of all AKU Society online presence
• Leading and implementing the AKU Society patient registry
• Planning, budgeting and overseeing any future projects as and when necessary working closely with the CEO.
• Evaluating and reporting the success of projects against goals and benchmarks assigned by the CEO.
Originally from Yorkshire, Ciarán studied journalism at De Montfort University in Leicester and was concerned about political reporting and the influence the press has on informing the political conversation. While at university, Ciarán volunteered at a local charity and with his local MP, along with becoming the editor of the student union’s newspaper.
After university, he went back to Yorkshire to complete a four-week internship with a media communications agency before returning to Leicester to work for a charity that helped adults with learning disabilities engage in social and leisure activities.
Outside of work Ciarán enjoys riding motorcycles and hiking and loves finding a good pub that serves good quality real ale. He tries to keep up with photography as much as he can and loves reading and playing video games.
Contact Ciarán Scott
Email: [email protected]