Meet Ciarán, our Communications Manager
His role includes:
- Supporting patients enrolled in DevelopAKUre clinical trials with travel and logistics working closely with the Royal Liverpool University Hospital
- Maintaining regular communication with patients enrolled in the DevelopAKUre clinical trials
- Disseminating information about the DevelopAKUre trails and consortium
- Updating and maintaining the AKU Society and DevelopAKUre website
- Producing and distributing accurate information about AKU and our work
Originally from Wakefield in Yorkshire, Ciarán studied Journalism at De Montfort University in Leicester and was concerned about political reporting and the influence the press has on informing the political conversation. Whilst at University, Ciarán volunteered at a local charity and with his local MP, along with becoming the Editor of the student union’s newspaper.
After university, he went back to Yorkshire to complete a 4-week internship with a media communications agency before returning to Leicester to work for a charity that helped adults with learning disabilities engage in social and leisure activities.
Outside of work Ciarán enjoys riding motorcycles and hiking and loves finding a good pub that serves good quality real ale. He tries to keep up with photography as much as he can and loves reading and playing video games.
Contact Ciarán Scott
Email: [email protected]